Thursday, January 15, 2015

Oscars

Well the Nominee's are out for the Oscars, no Surprise that Andy Serkis got snubbed. I was surprised Nolan didn't get a nomination but he's not too desperate for one so I'm at peace with that. The big win in my opinion was Michael Keaton getting it for Birdman. Heard nothing but good reviews on the film and I knew he'd get the Nod after I saw he won the Golden Globe, which gives him a rough 50/50 chance but I seriously think that with his time in the industry and how well he's re-adapted himself to fit different areas of characters he should get it. The guy who played Mr. Mom was also responsible for Batman, Beetlejuice, Birdman, and Peter McCabe is due for an Oscar.

Also, why hasn't anyone remade Desperate Measures, that film was awesome. Michael was one hell of a villain in that. I think the Academy is Keaton's peers. They've known or worked with him in some capacity and see that he is fun. I think he will win and I root for him, but I can't say I'd be surprised if he doesn't get it. Anywho I'm for Michael Keaton on this one. I like the guy, yeah it's cause he was my Batman (sorry Kevin, but I saw Michael first) and He's always a fun guy. He gets the spirit of old and new filmmaking. He's having fun, but he is also committed to sending a message in his performance and in his chosen films. Sure you might not like a lot of them, you're entitled too. But I have really enjoyed his filmography. Even Duplicity (which again, surprised there's no remake there, sounds like a movie born for Zach Galifianakis).

Tell me who do you want to win the Big Prizes? Outside of Keaton I'm mostly riding the Paul Wes Anderson ticket. He's a filmmaker with vision and budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment